How to Apply
We encourage inquiries and applications from undergraduate students of all majors from accredited four-year institutions. Williams-Mystic is need-blind, by which we mean that financial need is not an impediment to admission. Each semester, Williams-Mystic is composed of sophomores, juniors, and seniors from many different academic institutions and different majors—that’s more than 100 colleges and universities that have sent their students to study with us!
- Application form: Application
- Contact information for three references. We ask for contact information only and do not need official letters of reference.
- Official transcript
- Personal statement A 1-2 page statement discussing what appeals to you most about Williams-Mystic, how you might contribute to the program as a student, and a space for you to share your maritime experiences, interests, hobbies, or other important topics.
- Writing sample. Must be less than 8 pages and have been written within the last academic year in college.
- $45 application fee, payable to Williams-Mystic
Please be sure to check with your school’s study abroad office for your own campus deadlines, or contact us if you have questions about the process.
You may send the application via email, fax (860-572-5329) or snail mail:
75 Greenmanville Ave.
Mystic, CT 06355.
We operate on a rolling admissions basis, which means that we accept applications year-round as space allows. We encourage inquiries regarding space availability and recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. It is never too early or too late to contact us with any questions.
Arranging an Interview
Once you’ve submitted all required components of your application, the Admissions Office will contact you to coordinate your interview. We’d prefer to interview you in person so that you have a first-hand view of Williams-Mystic, though telephone and Skype interviews can be arranged if this is not feasible. Interviews are also available during our Open House in the fall and spring semesters.
Williams-Mystic is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community, in which members of all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. In compliance with state and federal law, Williams-Mystic does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, or military service.