Join Our Team!
Please find below a list of open positions at Williams-Mystic. Note that all applications are processed through the Williams College careers page.
Assistant Director of Admissions and Director of Enrollment
The Assistant Director of Admission/Director of Enrollment will work in close partnership with the Assistant Director of Admission/Director of Social Media and Executive Director to chart a recruitment and admissions strategy that aligns with the Program’s future as an award-winning study away experience.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Director of Admission/Director of Enrollment will be responsible for recruiting, enrolling, and building a talented, diverse, and global base of prospective students for the Williams-Mystic semester study-away program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on initiatives related to the recruitment of first-generation college students, low-income students, American students of color, and international students; and yielding a targeted number of matriculating students for each Fall and Spring semester. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Read, analyze, and evaluate applicants in collaboration with study-away staff, faculty, and other staff; and review and select candidates with the admission committee;
- Conduct on-campus group information sessions and interviews year-round, counseling and advising students and parents about all aspects of Williams-Mystic;
- Set financial aid awards; secure transfer of funds from partner institutions; and managing the financial aid budget;
- Serve as liaison between Williams-Mystic admission department and Williams College while working with the Registrar and Bursar’s office to oversee and manage the enrollment of Williams and non-Williams students in the Williams-Mystic program;
- Determine housing assignments; communicate with prospective students about important enrollment paperwork including medical forms, student life forms and more;
- Establish and maintain dynamic relationships with administration, faculty, students, and college organizations to keep abreast of current programs, policies, innovations, and long-range planning.
- Manage the concept, design, research, writing, editing, and yearly revision of all admission publications;
- Oversee and manage all aspects of alumni involvement in the admission process including communicating with alumni, maintaining the current regional database, writing and distributing the newsletter, and reporting admission decisions to alumni;
- Evaluate internal efficacy, practices, procedures, and policies on an ongoing basis, including weekly staff meetings, regular training, and retreats, evaluation and refinement of recruitment and assessment tools;
- Conduct approximately 30 college visits over three to four weeks of annual travel.
For more information, including qualifications and how to apply, visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu.
Review of applications will begin on December 17, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.