Williams-Mystic has a need-blind admission process. Financial concerns should never prevent any student from participating in Williams-Mystic. We work closely with every student to ensure that their Williams-Mystic semester costs no more than an equivalent semester at their home college or university. Upon acceptance, all students may apply for financial aid from Williams-Mystic, which takes the form of grants and scholarships. On-campus jobs are also available to all students.
Our Financial Aid Procedure
Once a student is admitted, a member of our admissions team will work closely with that student and their home institution to:
- Determine how funds from the student’s home college may apply to Williams-Mystic, in accordance with the policies of the student’s home college or university.
- Determine how much the student (and/or their family) pays out of pocket for a semester at their home college or university. For schools using the quarter or trimester system, we will adjust costs accordingly.
- Determine if the student is eligible for a Williams-Mystic scholarship.
Most Williams-Mystic students receive substantial financial aid from their home college and/or Williams-Mystic. We work closely with every student to ensure that financial need will not stand in the way of attending Williams-Mystic and to ensure that Williams-Mystic will not impose an additional financial burden on the student or anyone else paying for their education.
Financial Aid Application Requirements
Upon acceptance, students will be asked to provide some financial aid paperwork:
- Financial Aid Worksheet - this outlines semester costs at the student’s home college/university
- Transferable Funds Information Sheet - this outlines any aid that will or will not transfer from the student’s home college/university for their Williams-Mystic semester
- A copy of the student’s financial aid award letter from the most recent semester at their home college/university
All semester bills are issued through the Williams College Student Financial Services Office. As the semester approaches, we work with each of our students to set up their Student Account in “EphPay,” the Williams College system through which all billing and payment is handled.
We are happy to address any of your questions ourselves (you can reach us at [email protected] or by calling 860-572-5359), but questions about billing and payment may be better answered by the Student Financial Services Office, which you can reach at 413-597-4181 or at [email protected].