Williams-Mystic encourages all interested students to apply to our Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 classes. Sign up to receive updates from our team.
Request More Information
If you would like more information or updates from our admissions team, please fill out the information request form.
- The link will take you to the beginning of our information request form. Once you fill out the first page, which creates an account in our system, you will be taken to the rest of the form.
Each semester, Williams-Mystic hosts sophomores, juniors, and seniors from many different academic institutions and majors. Since 1977, more than 1,700 students from over 100 colleges and universities have spent a semester studying with us. We encourage inquiries and applications from undergraduate students of all majors from all accredited colleges and universities.
To get started, please submit the Online Application.
The link will take you to the beginning of our application form. Once you fill out the first page, which creates an account in our system, you will be taken to the rest of the application.
- Personal Statement (1-2 pages): Describe what appeals to you most about Williams-Mystic, how the program would fit into your academic and career goals, and what qualities you would contribute to the program.
- Writing Sample (5 pages or fewer): This can be in any genre, provided it was submitted for a class within the past two semesters. We encourage you to choose a sample that you believe best represents your general writing ability. You are welcome to submit an excerpt of longer work as long as you note that you are doing so.
- Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Contact Information for Two References (two academic or one academic and one professional): References do not need to prepare a formal letter. The application system will contact them asking for a paragraph or two attesting to your academic skill, work ethic, and sense of community. Academic references should be people who have worked with you in a classroom setting at the college level (faculty, TAs, advisors, etc.). Professional references should be someone who has supervised you in a professional, volunteer, or community setting — i.e, NOT a peer, family member, or friend.
- Interview via Zoom: Once you begin an online application, an admissions representative will contact you to arrange your interview. If you are able to travel to Mystic, we are also happy to interview you in person.
Please be prepared to complete your application within three weeks of opening an online application. Don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have questions or would like to know more before beginning an application.
Please be sure to check with your school’s study abroad office for your own campus deadlines, or contact us at [email protected] if you have questions about the process. We work with our students to ensure that credit and financial aid transfer as often as possible.
Arranging an Interview
Once you’ve submitted your application, the Admissions Office will contact you to coordinate your interview. You can interview over videoconference or in person.
Williams-Mystic has a rolling admissions process. This means that we welcome applications for each semester as long as space remains available in the class.
However, we prefer that applicants move through the application process in a timely manner once they begin our online application. Please be prepared to submit your complete application — i.e., a transcript, a writing sample, a personal statement, and contact information for three references — within three weeks of beginning your online application. If extenuating circumstances arise or if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to let our admissions team know by emailing [email protected]. With advanced notice, we are always happy to work with you to develop an alternative timeline.
We encourage inquiries regarding space availability and recommend that you submit your application as early as possible, ideally by October 15 for the subsequent spring semester and April 15 for the subsequent fall. It is never too early or too late to contact us with any questions.
Williams-Mystic is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community, in which members of all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. In compliance with state and federal law, Williams-Mystic does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, or military service.
Disability Support and Accommodations
Williams-Mystic adheres to the Disability Support guidelines as outlined by Williams College. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by calling (860) 572-5359.
Sign up for info & updates.
Full and partial scholarships available.
Experience Williams-Mystic from a student's perspective.
Follow our adventures.
Tweeting from the field.
"Sea" our field seminars and life in Mystic firsthand.