Williams-Mystic has a need-blind admission process. Financial concerns should never prevent any student from participating in Williams-Mystic.
All admitted students are automatically considered for Williams-Mystic financial aid. On-campus jobs are also available to all students.
Upon acceptance, all students may apply for financial aid from Williams-Mystic.
- All Williams-Mystic financial aid is in the form of scholarships; we do not issue loans.
- We award financial aid on the basis of need.
- We work closely with every student to ensure that their Williams-Mystic semester costs no more than an equivalent semester at their home college or university.
- Williams-Mystic also awards several special grants each semester. We thank our alumni, parents, and other contributors to our scholarship fund for their generosity in supporting these grants.
Please contact us if you have any concerns about affording Williams-Mystic. We work with every student to ensure financial need is not a barrier to attendance.
Our Financial Aid Procedures
Once a student is admitted, a member of our admissions team will work closely with that student to:
- Determine how funds from the student’s home college can apply to Williams-Mystic, in accordance with the policies of the student’s home college or university.
- Determine how much the student (and, where applicable, their family) pays out of pocket for a semester — or, for schools using the quarter or trimester system, an equivalent term(s) — at their home college or university.
- Determine the student’s Williams-Mystic scholarship, with the goal of keeping the out-of-pocket costs identified in part (2) the same as these costs would be for a semester or equivalent term at the student’s home college or university.
Almost every Williams-Mystic student receives substantial financial aid from their home college, Williams-Mystic, or both. We work closely with every student to ensure that financial need will not stand in the way of attending Williams-Mystic, and to ensure that Williams-Mystic will not impose an additional financial burden on the student or on anyone else paying for their education.
Financial Aid Application Requirements
- Completed Financial Aid and Transferable Funds worksheets (sent by admissions upon acceptance)
- Most recent copy of your award letter from your home institution
Tuition & Fees
Comprehensive fees for 2018-2019
All costs for travel (including flights to/from field seminars) and food during the semester are included in our comprehensive fee.
Average cumulative book cost: ~ $75 – $125
Note: Almost all students who participate in Williams-Mystic receive substantial financial assistance from us, from their home institution, and often from both. Please contact us to learn how you can afford Williams-Mystic.